Sunday, April 5, 2015

November 10, 2014- Week 14 in Atlixco

Hey!

So....Hermana Traylor and I didn't recover from our sicknesses as we had thought...so it was another rough week for us. We're still not feeling 100% back to normal, but hey! At least we can leave the house now haha. It's nothing big, just the blessings of being in a foreign country. :)

We did have the blessing of going to the mission counsel this week, on Thursday. President Stellmon talked about a lot of things, and they were all super great! But I think the thing that impressed me the most was when he was talking about leadership. Leaders, or anyone who has the ability to influence other people, can really make or break a group. And it's up to us to be, more than anything, examples. Hermana Traylor and I left the meeting thinking about the little things that we need to change in order to be better examples to the other hermanas. It was a great chance to reflect, and make more goals on how to be better. Even though I've almost been serving for a year, there are new things to change every single day. But that's life :)

"Funny" story of the week: Our ward mission leader suddenly decided to move to Tijuana this week, without telling anyone! It was definitely a surprise to us haha! But the Lord's work will go forward!

We were able see Jeronimo this week :) Which was a complete miracle, because Satan has been working so hard on us and him. But we're going to win! So we got there, and he said, "Hermanas, I've been thinking. You know I want to get baptized, but I think it would work out better for me on November 29. In the morning. Is that going to be possible?" I have NEVER had anyone set their own baptismal date, or time, before. I think that is a sign of a truly prepared person! So...November 29! Please remember him in your prayers in you can!

During my personal study this morning, I read a passage of scriptures this morning that really applied to this week.... Just remember that, even when you don't think you can do more or work any longer, we can always find more strength through Christ. Our service and our dedication to Him will give us the strength to press forward.

"For thou shalt devote all thy service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength. Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. And in temporal labors thou shalt not have strength, for this is not thy calling. Attend to thy calling and thou shalt have wherewith to magnify thine office, and to expound all scriptures."
D&C 24:7-9

Sorry that there isn't much to say for this week... but I love all of you so much! Thank you for all of your love and support. I know that this is the Lord's work, and I know that the church is true. Have a fantastic week!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

Scripture of the Week: Mormon 9:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment