Sunday, April 5, 2015

January 5, 2015- Week 22 in Atlixco (And the last one, well, I think)

Hey everyone!

So, I'm not really sure how to start out this email, so I'm just going to say it. I have "emergency" transfers to Cholula. President called us Saturday night, and told Hermana PizaƱo that she would be ending her mission two weeks early, and leaves tomorrow. He then told me to pack up all my stuff and that I'm going to Cholula with Hermana Lerigeth for two weeks. He told me that he's not sure yet if I'm going to come back... Saturday night was really hard to say the least. We cried so much! But, I'm starting to accept it a little bit more, and well, it'll all work out. We have to be in Puebla at 6, so this email might not be as long as they usually are.

But, this week was amazing. We were able to see so much progress! It was a great last week here in Vista Hermosa. The investigatores that we have that are GOLDEN are Angel, Mary and Roberto (Jeronimo's son). Angel and Mary were a reference from an ex-mission president here in Atlixco, and they are so willing to change and learn. We taught them the Restoration this last week, and they told us that it makes perfect sense to them, and that they feel like it's true. Obviously, they're still going to pray about it, but they went to church yesterday, and they love all of it. They are going to join the church, I'm sure of it :) And Roberto...wow. Well, I told my family on Christmas that Jeronimo's nephew passed away Christmas Eve. Him and Roberto were super close, and we knew that it was going to be really hard for him. We passed by last week and give his the Plan of Salvation pamphelt, and haven't been able to see him since. But last night, we knocked on his door and he let us in! He went and got the pamphelt, then started telling us everything he had learned, and asked us so many questions... He learned everything perfectly! We just sat in awe as he told us about his questions, and how he found the answers, and how now he's praying to God! He told us that this Gospel came to him in the moment he needed it... And he's very excited to keep learning. He was disappointed to hear that there won't be any missionaries in our area for 2 weeks...but we're hoping that our ward mission leader visits him and helps him to keep progressing. 

What more can I say? I love this area. Other people could look and say that I didn't have a lot of "success" here in this area, but I did. I grew A LOT, saw a lot of people grow as well, and Jeronimno was the biggest miracle that I could ever ever ever ask for. Here, I learned that God answers prayers, but in His time. And I learned that the key to having "success" is diligence and obedience. How well you can teach, how many people you find or how well you can speak doesn't make a difference unless you're obedient and diligent. I love this work and I love being a missionary :) And who knows? Maybe I'll come back in two weeks, or in two months. But if not, the people here are going to stay in my heart forever.

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord." As excited as I am to go back to Cholula...I know that God's hand is in all of this, and everything is going to be just fine :) I love all of you so much, and I hope you have a great week!!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

Photos:
- Angel and Mary yesterday at church :)
- Graciela. She is a less-active that we've been working with for the last 5 months and she's finally re-activating! She's sad because we're leaving...but she's going to be ok :) She has changed so much, and it's been wonderful helping her come back to church.
- Our last lesson here in Atlixco with Roberto! (Doesn't he look just like Jeronimo??)
The Reyes Family. I love this people with all my heart. When President said we were going, this family and Jeronimo immediately came to my mind, and the thought of maybe not seeing them again kills me. But, they are amazing, and I'm so grateful for the time I have had with them. They've taught me a lot, and they are our family here. We would've been so lost without them.

And the last picture is mostly for my sisters... haha. Staci and Heather, I know you watch Gilmore Girls so I know you get this! There are so many of these here in Mexcio!!!! (I don't remember what they're called...) but every time I see one, I think of Stars Hollow! Haha!








No comments:

Post a Comment