Sunday, April 5, 2015

February 2, 2015- Week 4 in Ometoxtla!



Hey everyone!

This week was a pretty normal one! Nothing too exciting happened...only a few things :)

I think I mentioned Fernando during my first week here...but we were finally able to teach him this week! He is 20 years old and really great. His family, however, does not like us very much haha. So, we have to teach him at the church, far far away from his family. But, it was a super great lesson, and it really boosted our optimism. He studied the Restoration pamphlet, even the additional study in the back, and is excited to learn more! Hopefully I'll have more news next week about him! And for the other investigators...well, for the first time in my mission, they are all reading, praying, going to church....but none of them want to set baptismal dates. Usually it's the other way around! But, I know that somehow, things will start to work out. This week, Hna Lerigeth and I have been searching for ways to increase our faith in order to see the miracles here in this area, and it was a huge blessing for us to be able to fast this week. Even though we're still not quite sure how to motivate our investigators, prayer and fasting brought a huge sense of peace to our hearts.

One thing that I got the chance to study more this week was covenants! (Seeing as our investigators don't quite understand yet why they're so amazing!) But I was studying a conference talk this week by Sister Stevens of the General Primary Presidency, and I found this quote that I really liked.

"Covenants with God help us to know who we really are. They connect us to Him in a personal way through which we come to feel our value in His sight and our place in His kingdom. In a way we can’t fully comprehend,we are known and loved individually by Him. Think of it—each of us holds such a place in His heart."

I know that this quote is 100% true. It is really hard for us to understand the love that Heavenly Father has for us, and that, in reality, every single one of us holds a special place in His heart. But, the covenants we make help us to feel that love and feel our value. I'll never forget the first time, and well every time, I went to the temple, because I could feel His love so strongly there. And the most wonderful moments of my week are when I can take the Sacrament, and feel completley and utterly embraced in His love, knowing that He loves me enough to always give me more chances to change. Covenants lead us back to Him, and they help us to understand our divine destiny as His children. The covenants I have made have helped me to stay on the path and progress. There is no other way we can grow spiritually unless we make covenants with God and apply them to every moment of our lives. 

We were also able to have a little mini conference with President this week, and he talked more about goals! He absolutely loves goals. And he is going to be asked each of us in our interviews with him about the goals we have to increase our faith in Christ this year. So, while I'm thinking about these goals, I invite all of you to think of some too :) I love all of you so much, and you're always in my heart and prayers. Have a great week!!!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

Photos:
-Last day of working in the field!
-Tamales and atole :) 
-Our "humble" home
-I love my companion :) She's the best
-Molotes :) (Told ya I'd send more pictures of food!)










No comments:

Post a Comment