Sunday, April 5, 2015

February 16, 2015- Week 6 in Ometoxtla (AKA: One of the weirdest weeks of my mission!)

Ok. Well. This email is going to be a little weird, because there were really only 3 things that happened this week. 

1. We changed houses (because the house we were living in may or may not be haunted) and we now are living with Hermana Newton and Hermana Linford!
2. Interviews with President
3. 4 long days in the hospital

To start with the house....well, more than anything, President Stellmon just told us to get out and live with the hermanas until transfers. So Tuesday and Wednesday, we moved and cleaned, with the help of the zone leaders and our district leader. Pretty exciting stuff :)

On Tuesday, we also had interviews with President! It was really great! The assistants gave a training meeting about recognizing and reaching our full potential, and helped us to remember the excitement we had when we first got here to the mission. We reread our mission calls and...well, it was just super powerful. I remember that moment so well, like it was yesterday. There was so much excitement, shock, nerves, and peace. It was a great reminder, and once again, a feeling of peace came over me, knowing that I'm exactly where the Lord wants me to be.

Sooo....the hospital. Well, I've had a pretty nasty cough for the last 3 weeks or so. On Wednesday, however, it got to the point where I couldn't breathe very well, my chest hurt like crazy, all that fun stuff. So Hermana Stellmon told me I had to go see a doctor, because she wasn't sure if I have bronchitis or pnemonia. So...on Thursday we went to the hospital in Puebla, they took an x-ray and then diagnosed me with bronchitis. Then they told me that I'd have to stay in the hospital for 2 days! We did everything possible just get some medicine and leave, but they wouldn't let us. So they hooked me up to an IV, started giving me who-knows-what to get me "better" and...slowing, Friday turned into Saturday...then Sunday...then President decided to help me escape, because I was just getting worse. He showed up, told us to pack up, and got us out of there. The doctors were pretty upset, but we didn't care! I honestly feel SO much better now than I did while I was there. I still have a little cough, but I feel a lot better, no worries :)

We had lots of fun experiences, too many to tell, but there is one that I want to share. Well, on Saturday, when they told me I had to stay until Sunday, I was a little depressed and frustrated. I felt awful because we weren't working, my companion was bored out of her mind and I didn't feel like I was getting any better. That night, I was saying my nightly prayer, just asking Heavenly Father to show me some purpose to all of it, and in walked Teo, a sweet little nurse. :) We started talking to her about the church, what we do as missionaries, and she got so excited. She asked for a pamphelt, and during her night shift, she read it! She came the next morning and had more questions... we wrote down her address and she's super excited to talk to the missionaries. So, the point to this story is that our Heavenly Father sometimes works in mysterious ways, or at least ways that are hard for us to understand. But His work is the work of salvation, and nothing will get in the way of that :)

I'm sorry that this email isn't too exciting....I mostly just wanted to let you guys know I'm perfectly ok. :) We're back in the area working, and this week is going to be awesome! Thank you for your prayers though, I know they helped. :) I love all of you so much! Have a great week!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

My yummy hospital food! 
My comp and I. She's a trooper, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment