Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 2, 2015- Week 8 in Ometoxtla (And the last!)

Well, we got the transfers call! Hermana Lerigeth and I both have transfers! Hermana Newton too... we're sad to leave Hermana Linford. These last 8 weeks have been the best, especially since we've been living with them. I've learned so much from all of them and they are really like sisters to me. But it'll be exciting to know tomorrow where I'm going and who will be my companion! It's very likely that this will be the last change of my mission...who knows?!

This week was kinda a heart-breaker week with the investigators.... Guille told us that she can't get baptized for family reasons and everyone else doesn't want to progress either. This area has been kinda "dead" for a while, and we're actually pretty sure that President is going to close it. But I know I was here for a reason, and I have changed a lot. Sometimes we have areas to help change us.

I had a lot of new experiences this week... like a lesson with a 7th Day Adventist. That was an adventure! Also, my companion(s) were awesome to remember my birthday :) We ate cheesecake, they gave me cute Little gifts and we just enjoyed Sunday. I can't believe I'm 21 years old!! So crazy! But it's going to be a really great year!

This morning we ate breakfast with a really awesome family in the Ward. And seeing as it was our last day here.... they asked us what experiences have changed us most on the mission. ...I can't think of just one. All of them has changed me in a small way. But all of these experiences have lead me back to one thing - faith in my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesús Christ. Life throws us curveballs. Sometimes, we throw our own curveballs. But if we face them with the right attitude, those experiences will strengthen our faith. And it reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, by President Uchtdorf:

"Remember: the heavens will not be filled with those who never made mistakes but with those who recognized that they were off course and who corrected their ways to get back in the light of gospel truth." 

What we do in this life is SO important. And our attitude while we do certain things may be even more important. I love this Gospel because it is a perfect blueprint of how we need to live our lives. It is perfect, and we can trust in every single one of the blessing God has promised. But we have to live by the blueprint in order to receive those blessings. But sometimes....we make mistakes. We get off track. But we can ALWAYS go back. It is never too late. No matter what comes into our lives, we can always start every day fresh and clean as we apply the Atonement to our lives. And that is what I've learned most, and what has changed me the most.

I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of time to write, but I love all of you so much! Thank you for all the birthday wishes, and I hope you all have a wonderful week! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

Photos:
-Birthday cheesecake!
-BEST DISTRICT EVER. I'm gonna miss all of them so much
We also taught english classes this week and taught everyone the hokey pokey! it was great!








No comments:

Post a Comment