Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 30, 2015- Week 4 in Mayorazgo

Hey everyone!
This week was such a fast, crazy one! But it was so great!
The best part of the week was....Yanet's baptism!!! It was absolutely perfect!!

I read a quote this morning that I had in some notes...and it reminded me of Saturday:
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do no just happen."

Yanet went through A LOT of things this last week in order to get baptized. She faced a lot of problems and challenges with her family, up until minutes before her baptism. But I have never seen anyone more determined and more ready than her in that moment. And she truly is a beautiful person, and leaving the water, she was literally glowing as tears rolled down her cheeks. ...She was waiting for more than a year for that moment, and I know that she knows that it was worth the wait.
The service was also super beautiful, because, well, it was planned to have 9 baptisms that day, as a zone. But it ended up being 3, but the whole zone came and we sang and had a presentation about prayer, baptism and enduring to the end. We sang, "A Child's Prayer", "When I Am Baptized" and "Come, Come Ye Saints", and the Spirit was SO strong! Everyone was touched by it, I know. I had a hard time keeping myself from crying. It was an absolutely perfect day.
This week was also Hermana Lerigeth's birthday! We had a little surprise party for her, and she was so surprised (obviously, haha!) It was SO hard keeping her from finding out all week, but luckily, one of the other hermanas, Hermana Rojas, speaks English too so that helped out a lot, haha ;)
We also had our Zone Conference with President this week! President talked a lot about the Atonement and...guess what?? If y'all don't know, there is a GREAT new video to watch and share for Easter! Here's the link: http://www.mormon.org/easter  Now everyone go watch it!! Then share it!!
Saturday was the General Women's Meeting and it was so great! I especially loved the talk by President Eyring. He said a couple of things that really made me think. One of them was, after mentioning Matthew 11:28-30, he said that the best way we can help comfort others is by helping the Lord make their burdens light. Most of the time, when I read this scripture, I always thought that prayer and scripture study was the way to receive that relief. But...as His disciples, He will sometimes send us to lighten their loads. He talked a lot about compassion...and I think it's an attribute of Christ that is extremely important to obtain.
Honestly, this week was just great! We struggled a little bit finding people to teach, but it's ok because we gave our all, and good things still came from it. It was a very spiritual week for me, and I really felt close to my Heavenly Father. And it will be even better this week with General Conference! Woot!!
Well, I love all of you so much! Have a fantastic week!
Love always,
Hermana Smith
Photo: The one with lots of people is Yanet with her kids! And her friend, Reina, also got baptized last Saturday! Such a special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment