Sunday, April 5, 2015

December 29, 2014- Week 21 in Atlixco!

Hey everyone!

This past week was so great! Tuesday, we had our zone conference, which was really really good. Our zone leaders gave us a copy of the talk "The Fourth Missionary", and my companion and I have been studying it all week. It is a really great talk, because it talks about the difference between good missionaries and extraordinary ones. Even though I may not have a lot of time left to be "the fourth missionary", and even less Hermana Pizaño, we both decided that we are going to use the precious time we have left to be that missionary. We set some goals, and hopefully we can do it. After the conference, I also asked our district leader for a blessing. For some reason, I just wasn't feeling super great, and needed a bit of guidance, and that's exactly what I got. My testimony of the Priesthood has increased so much on the mission, and every time I've received a blessing, I'm overwhelmed with the feeling that God knows me personally. 

Wednesday was Christmas Eve! It was like a normal day...except we ate SOOO much food, and no one was home for us to visit! The most exciting part when the Christmas dinner, and we had permission to relax and enjoy ourseves a bit. We went with our second family, The Reyes, and played games, ate great food and laughed a lot. They're definitely the closest thing to my real family here, and I'm glad I had the chance to spend a little bit of Christmas with them. And Christmas Day was amazing because I got to talk to my family!!! Best Christmas present ever :)

Friday and Saturday, I was able to go with Hermana Poot on a companion exchange. It was really nice to be in a different area for a little bit, and we had a really great time. We were able to visit some less-actives in the ward, and help them to feel the need to come back to church. I also ate a plate of sardines for lunch that day! I've eaten a lot of weird things here...but I think that was by far the worst, haha! 

Yesterday was a great day. Church was awesome (like always!) and then we were able to meet a LOT of less-actives that live in our area. A lot of them aren't in the ward directory, but we asked a member to show us where they live, and we were able to see and teach a lot of them. And a lot of them are willing to come back, they just need to work a little bit :) One of the families is the family Martinez Arrevillaga. They're a family of 5, in-active for about 4 years, and say that they don't really know why they stopped going. But they are really wonderful, and the lesson we had with them was so powerful and the Spirit was so strong. At the end of the lesson, we asked them, "Do you have the desire to return back, and start living the Gospel again?" None of them said or did anything for a moment...but then the dad, José Manual, started to slowly nod his head, with tears rolling down his cheeks. His 17 year old son, Miguel said, "I do, Hermanas. I do." And the others also joined in with "Sí, hermanas!" We're going to visit them again this next Saturday :) Right now, we are searching for new investigators, but we are seeing a lot of progress with the less-actives. It's been great :)

Jeronimo received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday!! :) I think next week, he's going to help bless the Sacrament! So exciting :)

I read a talk this week by Elder Holland, and in it was a quote that I really like. "Every experience can be a redemptive experience if we remain bonded to our Father in Heaven through that difficulty. These difficult lessons teach us that man's extremity is God's opportunity and if we are humble and faithful, if we will be believing and not curse God for our problems, He can turn the unfair and inhumane and debilitating prisons of our lives into temples - or at least into a circumstance that can bring comfort, and revelation, divine companionship and peace."Man's extremity is God's opportunity. God gives us lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and for that, I'm really grateful :) Sometimes, the situations aren't easy...but in the end, it's worth it.

I love all of you so much! Have a great week and stay safe!

Love always,
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment