Tuesday, August 12, 2014

May 19, 2014- Week...I don't remember! But I'm still here in Tehuacán!

Heeeeey!

This week was really good! We worked hard, and I'm really blessed to have Hermana Gomez here with me, at this time. I have learned so much from her...I'm not even sure where to start!

We now have 9 investigators with baptismal dates...and we might be able to see a miracle this Saturday! (AKA: The baptisms of Marina, Karla and Daniel) But they were able to go to church with us this Sunday and it was really great :) Our other investigators with fechas are Mikaela, Manuel and Fernando (but we're not quite sure what to do with them), Pedro, Guadalupe and José Luis :) They are all for June :)

Guadalupe kinda has a crazy story with us... we contacted her in the street Hermana Gomez' second week here. She told us that she only has time to meet with us every Monday at 6:00 PM sharp. She is about 60 years old, lives alone, and definitely has her routine :) But...the next week, we arrived at 6:10and she didn't let us in! So, the next week, we went at 6:00 SHARP...and she let us in. But the whole time....we felt very very weird. And she accepted everything that we said about the Restoration, and told us that we could return the next Monday. When we left though, we both felt very very strongly that we shouldn't return the next week, at least, not alone. The Spirit was so strong...and there's no way that we could deny how we felt. We weren't sure if it was her, or something that could happen somewhere around her house, or on the way there...I don't know. So we made plans to go with the Elders from our ward the next week. Well, oddly enough, I got sick, right around 5:00 PM Monday afternoon. So obviously we didn't go. After that, we felt perfectly fine going to her house and teaching her. Last week, she accepted the invitation to be baptized and we'll be seeing her in about....44 minutes or so :) I'm really not sure what would've happened that week that we were supposed to go...but the Lord does work in mysterious ways sometimes. I am grateful to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and that we can receive guidance, comfort and warnings.

...I realized this week that.... I'm kind of a terrible person. I think that in several different moments in our lives, every person realizes that they aren't as Christ-like as they should be...and I had about 3 of those moments this week. But, luckily, I'm blessed to have a very patient companion...and one who isn't afraid to tell me when I'm not the kind of person that I should been. It was a little hard, but I'm grateful. We can't make changes until we realize that a change needs to take place. And for that, I am thankful for her, the Atonement, and that I can change when I have so many weaknesses.

I am also very grateful for the Book of Mormon. If you haven't read it lately, go read it. You are going to find something fantastic in every page of that book, and if you let it, it can change your life. I could say exactly what I've learned from the Book of Mormon...but I don't want to spoil the surprise of reading it for yourselves :)

Thank you, to each of you, for your letters, your words and especially your prayers. I love this work. I love Tehuacán. I love being a missionary, and I love my Savior. And I love each of you so so much :) Have a fantastic week :)

Love always,
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment