Tuesday, August 12, 2014

March 31, 2014- Week 12 In Tehuacan!

Buenos dias!!!

Okie dokie, this week was fantastic :) On Saturday, Jose was baptized!!!!! I absolutely love that boy, he is such a light in the lives of the members here. It was a beautiful service - his best friends, Alejandro and Samuel gave the talks, and his testimony after the ordinance was so powerful. Yesterday, we kinda had a panic attack because he almost didn't show up for church to be confirmed, but he made it last minute :) It was definitely the highlight of my week.

We had to stop seeing Pilar this week...she hasn't been keeping any of her commitments, and finally on Friday, she told us that she wasn't interested anymore. It was definitely a sad moment for us... But I hope that later in the future, she will accept the Gospel and be baptized. But also on Friday, we ran into Marina! Do you remember her? She was going to be baptized at the beginning of this month, but then she got a new job with crazy hours AND moved (we didn't know where). But we ran into her, and now, her and her two children have dates to be baptized at the end of this month! She is WAY different now than before....definitely more happy. I really think this time, she will stay committed and be baptized. We are still working with the parents of José...they said that they loved the baptism and "felt something really special". They are such wonderful people :) Just like all of the people here, haha! We also have a new investigator - David. He was a referral from a different ward. He is 18 years old, is dating the member who gave us the referral, and is a really good person. We were going to commit him to a baptismal date...but he told us that he wanted to talk to his family about it first (I guess they are super duper Catholic). We're going to meet with him this afternoon and see how it went! 

Well...I kinda have some big news....I'm staying here in Tehuacan!!!! :) YAY!!!! My companion however is not...we have transfers tomorrow. But...this is my funny story for the week and my "big news". Thursday afternoon, we got a call from the zone leaders. When my companion answered, Elder Mendez asked "Has Hermana Smith been feeling sick this week?" Hermana Muñoz got a big smile on her face and said, "Oh yeah, super duper sick. And her stomach is getting bigger and bigger every day!" 

....I had no idea what was going on and truthfully, I was getting a little offended! I haven't been eating THAT much!!!!

Haha but she passed the phone to me and....well....I'm pregnant! Tomorrow...I'm going to start training a new missionary. I'm not gonna lie...I just started crying after I hung up the phone. Let's just take a missionary who hardly knows Spanish, who just finished HER training...and give her a brand new missionary to train. I felt so...incapable. Don't get me wrong, I still feel completely incapable but...I feel better now than before. So on Friday, I had to go to Puebla with Hermana Vasquez (another hermana in the zone who will be training) for training. There are 16 new missionaries coming...3 Elders and 13 Hermanas. (We will have over 100 Hermanas in the mission after tomorrow...so crazy!) And it definitely helped to hear, directly from President Reeves, that the Lord trusts me, and that he does too. And...that's really all that matters right? It has definitely been a humbling experience for me...trying to prepare myself for this. And I know that I am going to learn WAY more than I could ever teach my companion...and I just have to trust in the Lord. But I could defintiely use a few extra prayers this week! I'm absolutely scared to death, but I am so so excited at the same time. And I am so grateful for this opportunity. And I am even more grateful that I can stay here and not have to open a new area, haha!!! Friday after the training meeting...I was reading my scriptures on the bus and I ran into the scripture that my best friend showed me before I left on my mission...I knew the scripture before, but it took on a whole new meeting when I left, and again, now as I start this new experience. Joshua 1:9 - "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: For the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest" And really...that's all I need to know: That the Lord is going to be with me every step of the way. 

I love being a missionary. I love Tehuacan. I love these people. Really...before my mission, I had NO clue what I was getting myself into. And I had absolutely no idea how much I was going to love these people. It is something that is impossible to describe...but sometimes I feel like my heart is going to burst. I cant even begin to imagine then how much God loves each and every one of us. It really is so incredible. I love all of you so much, and thank you for your prayers and letters :) I know the Gospel is true! Have a wonderful week! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMA TOMORROW!!! :) Have a great birthday, Mom :)

Love always,
Hermana Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment