Tuesday, August 12, 2014

April 14, 2014- Semana 14 Aquí en Tehuacan! (AKA: The Hottest Place in the World!!!!!!)

Hola Familia!

So as you read in the subject....it keeps getting hotter and hotter every single day. I think I'm going to die. Haha, but other than that, it was a great week! We are still working with Elia, Mikaela, Manuel and Fernando! None of them were able to go to church yesterday...so that was a bit disappointing, but there is always hope for next week! The highlight of the week was definitely our lesson with Mikaela, Manuel and Fernando. We taught the Restoration and....Mikaela and Fernando want to be baptized!!! :) Manuel is still trying to wrap his head around everything, but he told us that he is going to pray really hard about it, and let us know. We have a meeting with him tomorrow, and we're hoping that he received an answer to his prayers! 

We are still trying to find more and more investigators... the blessing of this week is that there are many members who have family member who aren't members, and the members are finally starting to trust us enough with their family. This week we have already 6 teaching appointments with these different family members, and I am really grateful for this. I know that it is so much better if the investigator is close with a member in the church...so we're hoping to see these family members progress :)

We also had two conferences this week - a zone conference on Tuesday and then a conference all day on Wednesday with President Reeves. I can't believe that he has less than 3 months left as our president....so sad! I know I'm going to miss him a lot, and Hermana Reeves. Our new president will be President Stellmon from Idaho, and President Reeves says he's really awesome, so we shouldn't worry too much! But the conferences were really great. I feel like I learned a lot, and realized a LOT of things that I can improve! (But that is nothing new!) 

Funny Story of the Week: After I wrote y'all last week, we went back to our apartment, dropped off our stuff and then left to go eat. (Tacos Arabes...I don't know how to describe them, but they can only be found in Puebla and they are amazing. Yummmm.) But when we got back to the apartment...I realized that I forgot something very very vital.... the keys. Ooops! First time here! (But I think we all know that it is a frequent problem that I have!) But it was ok, we only had to wait about 45 minutes for the landlord. And he thought that it was hilarious, of course. :P

I absolutely love Hermana Gomez. The first week, she was pretty timid, and didn't say a lot. But I have come to realize that we are very very very similar, but it is good. We make each other laugh a lot and in general, she is just kinda cooky. But it is really fun! The members already love her, and I love watching her progress more and more every day. But I know that I am learning so much more than her! I hope that I am helping her in the best way that I can, but she is definitely a blessing in my life. 

Sorry there isn't much to say this week... but I'm still loving every moment! The Gospel is amazing, and I am so grateful for it. My heart goes out today for dear family friends who recently lost a loved one....my prayers are with each and every one of you. I love each of you so so so so so so much, and I am so grateful for all of your prayers and support. Have a fantastic week! Til next time!

Love always, Hermana Smith

Photo: When we were locked out of our apartment....haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment