Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 23, 2013

Hola!

I can't believe it is Christmas this week. It doesn't feel like it at all!!! But this week has been really great! And I am just getting more and more anxious for 2 WEEKS from now for when I'll be in PUEBLA! Ahh! So exciting :)

So last Tuesday, Elder Rasband (presidency of the Seventy) spoke at Devotional, and he talked about Spiritual Gifts! It was a really great talk! The best part though was after at Devotional Review. Our district leader, Elder Auten, decided that we should all go around one at a time and tell each other what spiritual gifts we have noticed in that person. Not only did that help me with my own confidence as a missionary, but it really made me realize that I was called at this time for a reason, that I was put with my district here for a reason. We all are so different, and because of that, I have been able to learn so much from each of them. 

On Wednesday, we had the opportunity to host the new missionaries that came to West Campus! That was a fun experience! It's like I'm a senior now and we were welcoming in freshman, haha! 

Thursday was INSANE. Ok, so good news is that myself, Hermanas Jones and Linford and Elders Werber and Thorne all got approved for our visas! Still keep praying for Hermana Bowers-Nunez please! My heart would just break if we weren't all able to go to Puebla together, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her if that's not the case. So on Thursday, we were all supposed to go to Vegas for the day to meet with the Mexican Consulate. We left at 4:30, got to the airport at6:30 and were supposed to board at 8. At 9:30 AM, we were finally able to board the plane, where we sat for an hour. The airport had been closed down to one runway because of the snow and after that hour, they shut down the airport. So our flight was obviously delayed, so we got off the plane and waited for another hour until they told us that our flight had been cancelled. Boo. So we had to spend the next 3 hours getting on the Trax and finding our way back to Provo, all in the snow. We were with 6 other Mexico-bound missionaries and about 8 Finland-bound missionaries that were supposed to go to San Fran for their visas. So we were quite the group! It was definitely an adventure! They aren't sending anyone to get visas this week, so hopefully we'll be able to try again next week sometime. But it definitely wasn't a waste of a day, we were able to talk to so many people. oh and DAD, I met Thurl Bailey!! Haha, he sure is TALL. He says Hi to you too :) But we also met a lot of people who didn't know about the church. Hermana Jones, Linford and I sat next to this couple and we talked to them for over an hour. They are really amazing people! And even though we didn't get them a Book of Mormon or anything, I think we were definitely able to plant some seeds there. So Thursday was good :) Long, but good.

Friday was a sad day :( It was Hermano Rasmussen's last day (because he got married on Saturday) and we were all so sad! Hermana Larsen is still teaching us, and now, Hermano Savio is teaching for Hermano Ras. He's pretty cool, but I do miss Hermano Ras! When he left, we gave us his "Rules to Live By". Here they are! They are awesome!
1. No excuses: When something goes wrong, take full responsibility. When something goes right, share the credit, especially with God.
2. No complaints: Spend the time you would to whine finding a solution in which you will be an integral part.
3. Never Give Up: Though I may not be the one with the most talent and intelligence, I will be the one with the most drive and determination.
4. Be perfect in Repentance: Though I may not be perfect, I will be perfect in repentance and worthily partake of the sacrament each week
5. Seek earnestly to know and do the will of the Lord: His thoughts will be my thoughts and his will my will.

The rest of this week has been pretty normal otherwise! I'm really excited for tomorrow evening and Christmas. We will be definitely listening to some apostles and watching Christmas movies and stuff!  So it should be a good week :) 

I love all of you so much! I love being a missionary! My favorite scripture this week is Moroni 9:25. Because Christ was lifted up on the cross, and died for all of us, He is truly able to lift US up when we are low. I love my Savior. I know that this church is the true church, and that the Gospel truly does bring happiness! 

Have a fantastic week and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :) 

Love, Hermana Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment