Monday, February 3, 2014

February 2, 2014 Semana 4 en Tehuacan!

Buenas Tardes, familia!

So, I want to start by saying THANK YOU. Thank you so much for your prayers this week. This week was still a little rough, recovering and all, but I am very pleased to say that since Saturday, I have felt perfect, we have been able to work hard, and I can eat normal food again! No more Jello and chayotes! Really, thank you so much for the prayers. I know that they helped a lot.

Well, this week was another abnormal one! On Wednesday, I had to take another trip to the hospital...no worries! My blood pressure was still just really low, and the combination of the pills I was taking was kinda having a negative effect. So the doctor changed some of them, and that helped a lot. Thursday, we had to go to Puebla for a conference for new missionaries and leaders in the mission. We left Tehuacan at 5 AM (yikes!) and returned to our apartment at 11 that night. Long day, that´s for sure! And I couldn´t go with the new missionaries when we split up because of the infection, but I stayed with Hermana Muñoz in their meetings. I learned a lot about how the mission functions, and just how important every person is. I always realized how important the mission rules are. Exact obedience really does bring miracles, and I´m grateful to have a companion that always strives to be exactly obedient, so that I can be obedient as well. The meeting was also great because I was able to see my MTC district there! And we´re pretty sure that Hermana Bowers got her visa this week, and will be joining us in 2 weeks! :) Happy day!

Friday, we got back to teaching! YAY! I´m sad to say that we did not have the baptisms of Rosario and Lupita this week...but this Saturday for sure! :) Because we were out of comission for almost 2 weeks, we weren´t able to teach them everything that we needed to. They were very understanding (I still feel bad about it), but it worked out better for them this way anywho. We have also been working really hard on Yumico. She is a VERY intellegent, bright young woman, but right now, she is getting a lot of information from religious professors, her friends and she doesn´t see why she needs Jesus Christ in her life. But on Friday, we read with her the beginning of 3 Nephi 11, and I could really see the Spirit working in her heart. I think her heart wants to believe, but her mind and her logic is telling her that it´s impossible that someone could take on all the sins of humanity, and also be resurrected. But, afterwards, she told us that we gave her a lot to think about, and that she honestly wants to learn for herself the truth. And I know that as she prays earnestly, she will receive an answer. We´re excited to visit her again this Friday, and talk about the past week. Also, her two sisters are interested in the church! Irene came to church with us yesterday, and we´re excited to start teaching them as well. :)

Saturday was great as well. We were able to teach quite a few less active members, and Marina as well. She hasn´t been able to attend church with us yet...so her baptisimal date won´t be on March 1. But we´re hoping that she will be able to start attending church this week! One hermana in the ward, Martha Martinez, came with us to our last lesson with her, and we´re starting to introduce her to more members. Hermana Martha has been visiting her since, and I am so grateful for her desire to assist in the work. It really is impossible without the help of the members. Also, on Saturday, we had our coordination meeting with the ward mission leader and the ward missionaries. And on the 15th of February, we are have a HUGE missionary activity for the ward. It´s gonna be crazy, and hopefully really awesome. I´ll tell you all about it after it happens!

Yesterday was wonderful. I really missed attending church last week when I was in the hospital, so yesterday was really great. I also gave my first lesson in Spanish...yikes, haha! The missionaries teach the Gospel Principles class (for investigators and recent converts) and it was on Charity. YIKES. Haha, but really, I think it was ok. Mostly because I didn´t do much! I just asked questions, and everything talked and contributed. I think all of us felt impressions from the Spirit on how we can change and become more charitable. That is a big thing that I have learned this week...that I really don´t do much. The Spirit does EVERYTHING, and when the Spirit is present, I learn just as much, if not more, than the person we are teaching. And I learn so much from that person. This week, I realized just how incredible the people are here, in particular, Rosario and Lupita. They are facing something really challenging right now, but their faith inspires me. Their confidence in Heavenly Father and Christ, to be quite honest, reduced me to tears one night, and I couldn´t help but think about how I wish I could be more like them. The Lord puts people in our lives for a reason, and I know that there is something to learn from every person, every situation, every conversation. 

I love this Gospel. I know that this is the only true church, and I testify that it is a gospel of change. Everything is centered on the oppurtunity to change and become better, become more Christlike, become more like our Father in Heaven. I have seen that in the lives of the people around me, and especially in my life. I love all of you so much, and I hope you all have a great week! You are always in my heart and in my prayers! 

Love always, Hermana Smith

PS - no photos this week! Lo siento! I promise that this week, I will be better and take pictures! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment