Monday, August 19, 2013

The House of the Lord


"As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortified."
~President Thomas S. Monson~

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to the Mount Timpanogos Temple to receive my endowment. August 17, 2013 will be remembered as a wonderful and perfect day! It was literally a dream come true, a dream that I have had my whole life. That whole morning, I was feeling very nervous. However, the moment I entered the temple, feelings of peace and comfort came over me. I knew that everything was going to be just great! It was such a blessing to have members of my family with me as well. My parents, my sister Heather, my brother-in-law Scott and my brother Kyle were all able to join me in the temple that day :) 

The Temple is a remarkable place. There is no other place that I'd rather be. I can't wait to spend the next 93 days going back as often as I can! I know that the temple is where we need to be. It is where we can feel the presence of the Lord, where we can feel His love for us and where we can receive instruction essential to us living with Him again. I know it is the only place that can bind families together forever. I loved being there with my family, and I'm excited for the day when I can be there with my own husband and children. I love the temple!




No comments:

Post a Comment